NORTH CENTRAL NETWORK, INC.
TWO-WAY INTERACTIVE TELEVISION CLASSES
STUDENT POLICY CONTRACT
(for juniors and seniors)
Two-way interactive television (ITV) provides a method for districts to provide low-incidence courses and advanced programming that normally might not be offered to students in this school.† Because of the uniqueness of two-way interactive television, students enrolling in these courses must maintain certain standards of behavior.† This policy statement is intended to make both the student and parent/guardian aware of the standards expected of students enrolling in such courses.†
As a student taking a two-way interactive course, I am aware that:
1) Behavior standards are expected of me, as a student and insubordination of any kind will not be tolerated.† Insubordination has been defined as anything that interferes with teaching or learning in the classroom.
2) Inappropriate language or gestures will not be tolerated.
3) Because of the technology, anything I do in the classroom may be taped.
4) Certain classroom procedures must be followed:
a) Students must sit within camera view at all times.
b) Students must not mishandle the equipment in the classroom.
c) Students must follow all other rules as specified by the teacher.
5) I am aware that I will be assessed damages for accidental or willful destruction of Network equipment and/or school property.
The following procedures will be followed for students who cannot follow the above listed rules:
First Offense†††††††††††††† The student will be given a verbal warning and told that his/her parent will be notified by letter of the infraction.† The studentís principal will send a certified letter to the parent/guardian.† A copy of the letter will also be sent to the studentís superintendent.
Second Offense†††††††† The student will be permanently removed from the class.† In dual enrollment classes, all fees will be forfeited.
Any student, who is removed from an ITV classroom, shall have all due process rights accorded by state and federal regulations.† A review committee composed of all High School Principals shall conduct a hearing if requested by the parents of the student.† An appeal may be made to the Network Board.† The Network Board decision shall be final.
We, the undersigned have read and understand the policy above and agree to everything stated.