11896 Highway 65
DALE DAVENPORT, Vice-President JANA HOLCER, Principal BOB ROUNKLES, Member
MICHAEL BROCKMEIER, Treasurer KEVIN BROWN, Member
We want you to be aware that
In order for our emergency-response plans to be effective, we depend on the cooperation and assistance of many people, such as the police and the fire department. We also depend on you, as parents, to support our disaster-response efforts. Your cooperation is vital to helping us protect the safety and welfare of all children and school employees.
Therefore, we ask parents to observe the following procedures:
1. Do not telephone the school. We understand and respect your concern, but it is essential that the telephone system be available for emergency communications.
2. Tune your radio to KMZU (100.7 FM) or KCHI (98.5 FM) for emergency announcements and status reports. You will also receive instructions on where you should go and how/when you may be able to pick up your child.
3. Do not come to the school until instructed to do so. It may be necessary to keep the roads and parking lot clear for emergency vehicles. If evacuation is required, students may be transported to a location away from the school. You will be notified of this through the media bulletins.
4. Talk to your children and emphasize how important it is for them to follow instructions from their teachers and school officials during any emergency.
5. Carefully read all information you receive from the school. You may receive updates about our safety procedures from time to time.
We are proud that Tina-Avalon is a safe school, and we are doing everything possible to keep it that way. We appreciate your cooperation and support. If you have any questions about this letter or other aspects of our safety procedures, please contact Mrs. Holcer or myself at 660-622-4211.
T-A is B.E.S.T! Better Education Starts Today!